Would you love to share your digital skills and knowledge to help people become more confident with their devices and increase community connections? A variety of opportunities are available across Western Sydney!
“It’s an absolute pleasure seeing people enlightened when they learn something new.” Lisa, Digital Mentor
Digital Mentor volunteers share their digital skills and knowledge with community members in a volunteer capacity. In this role, you will support people to access and use technology, with the overall aim of increasing digital inclusion in our communities.
Exciting opportunities to volunteer and provide 1:1 mentoring are available with organisations across Western Sydney, who are starting up innovative digital initiatives.
“I feel like I’m making a difference by helping people be more confident with their digital skills – they feel more included and are able to do more things that others take for granted.” Charissa, Digital Mentor
If you would like to express interest in this opportunity, please provide your phone number when completing the online form and we will be in touch to provide you with more information about opportunities near you!
Skills and other requirements
- Over 18 years old
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Basic/intermediate computer skills
- Willingness to learn about digital inclusion and the community services sector
- No formal qualifications are required
- Reliability and ability to manage time effectively
- Patience, confidentiality and respect for others
Minimum commitment: 3–6 month commitment, 1–3 hours a week or fortnight. Hours will vary depending on the organisation you are matched with.
Contact: 9891 4522 or [email protected]