Would you love to share your digital skills and knowledge to assist people become more confident with their devices and increase community connections? Digital Mentor volunteers share their digital skills and knowledge with community members in a volunteer capacity within the Leep in Lab Project.
In this role, you support people to access and master technology, with the overall aim of increasing digital inclusion in our community.
The position will be based at Leep NGO’s office in Penrith, and may involve travel throughout Greater Western Sydney e.g. promoting the Leep in Lab at events. The minimum availability required is 2.5 hours a week, with some flexibility required to attend occasional team meetings or relevant events.
The volunteer is welcome to commit more hours than the minimum 2.5 hour requirement. The position requires a 3-6 month commitment.
The Leep in Lab is operating during school terms on Wednesday 10.00am-12.00noon and Friday 10.00am-12.00noon. Currently, we are looking for Digital Mentors to be able to assist on Wednesdays.
- Digital mentoring, including skills assessment and record keeping
- Set up and pack down of the Leep in Lab learning space
- Warmly welcome community members to the Leep in Lab
- Handle requests for information and follow up with appropriate staff member(s)
- Encourage an inclusive community environment
- Assist with promotion of the Leep in Lab
- Participate in Leep in Lab team meetings and identified group training sessions
- Assist with other appropriate and relevant tasks as required
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Basic-intermediate computer skills
- Willingness to learn about digital inclusion and the community services sector
- No formal qualifications are required
- Reliability and ability to manage time effectively
- Confidentiality and respect for others
Contact: Janeen Harris, 4721 1866 or [email protected]