Leep NGO Inc is looking for a new non-Executive Treasurer. Leep create inclusive communities for people experiencing disadvantage, so we can all imagine tomorrow together. We do this through:
- communityNet: the leading online portal for the for-purpose sector in NSW with key news, resources and events
- Digital Inclusion: We work with a network of partners to create and run digital literacy programs for the one in five Australians who are not online.
- Volunteer Solutions: We connect volunteers with roles that matter, and provide the tools and frameworks that create effective volunteer management and retention.
The role of the Treasurer is to provide oversight of the financial management of the organisation and work with the Finance Subcommittee to:
- Ensure the Board understands its financial obligations and the financial reports it receives.
- Ensure the organisation complies with legal obligations related to financial matters.
- Provide oversight of financial management policies and procedures
- Ensure the organisation has appropriate policies and procedures to protect against fraud and theft.
- Review all internal processes and reporting methods relating to financial management at least annually.
- Ensure financial record keeping meets Australian Accounting Standards and provides financial reports that will inform Board decisions.
- Provide oversight of the development of an annual budget and advising the Board on financial strategy.
- Oversee the provision of regular financial reports on year to date income and expenditure against the budget including analysis comparing actual financial performance against predicted financial performance.
- Manage investments and monitor fund balances, main sources of income, main areas of expenditure, amounts owed.
- Ensure funds are available to cover cash flow requirements.
- Ensure the financial requirements of funding bodies and other contractual obligations are met.
- Oversee the preparation and lodgment of returns with authorities such as ASIC and the Australian Tax Office (ATO).
- Ensure an audit of the accounts is prepared each year and that the accounts of the Company, showing the financial position at the end of the preceding financial year, are submitted to members at the Annual General Meeting.
- Identify and bring to the attention of the Board any areas of financial risk to the organisation.
- Exercise delegation of authority and expenditure as determined by the Board.
Leep is an Incorporated Association not for profit organisation, registered with Fair Trading, ASIC and ACNC. The Leep Board meets 6 times per year, with a Finance Subcommittee progressing work between meetings. The Treasurer is the Chair of the Finance Subcommittee, which meets three times per year.
Skills & Attributes:
- Alignment with Leep values and purpose
- Availability to participate in Board meetings and relevant subcommittee meetings
- Qualified CPA / CA
- Board experience on a not for profit Board would be highly regarded
- Governance qualifications (AICD, Governance Institute) desirable
The Treasurer will be offered a full briefing by the Chairperson of the Board and CEO.
It is expected that the Treasurer will become a member of Leep and be co-opted onto the Board for the term of April – November 2017. The Treasurer would then nominate for election to the Board by the membership at the Annual General Meeting in November.
To express interest in the role and have an initial confidential conversation, please email Leep CEO, Cecily Michaels via [email protected] or call 0411 245 097.